Top PGA Professionals and buyers respond favorably to attendance survey; more than 650 golf brands expected to participate; and event enhancements move forward.
PGA of America and PGA Golf Exhibitions Share 2022 PGA Show Update
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (October 25, 2021) – The PGA of America and PGA Golf Exhibitions have provided an event update on the 2022 PGA Show, Jan. 25-28 in Orlando. The 69th edition of the PGA Show is returning as an in-person event for the first time since January 2020 due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Health and safety standards, based on CDC guidelines, local public health guidance and host venue protocols, will be in place to support a safe and comfortable experience at the 2022 PGA Show.
Thousands of PGA Professionals and buyers are planning to attend the 2022 PGA Show. A recent survey completed by PGA Professionals and top buyers who frequently attend the PGA Show revealed that 70 percent of PGA Professionals and top buyers currently plan to attend the 2022 PGA Show; 19 percent are undecided with plans to be made within two months prior to the event.
While many golf companies face ongoing COVID challenges including supply chain issues, travel restrictions and other strains on operations, exhibitor participation is currently tracking at 80 percent compared to the same timeframe heading into the 2020 PGA Show. More than 450 exhibitors are committed to date with a total of 650+ brands projected to participate in the 2022 PGA Show. The Show team is working with numerous companies on custom participation plans which address the current business climate while allowing company executives to connect in person with PGA Professionals and buyers at the 2022 PGA Show. The participating exhibitor list is updated regularly at PGAShow.com.
The PGA Show is the most influential meeting for the global business of golf each year, providing an exclusive in-person opportunity to network with top industry influencers; learn from national education leaders and product developers; and discover trends, services and merchandise to improve the golf experience.
“The 2022 PGA Show will play an especially important role in helping the industry and PGA Professionals move forward from the pandemic, capitalizing on the growing interest in the sport and uncovering new tools to improve the grassroots golf experience,” said PGA of America President Jim Richerson. “Unprecedented strains on operations and supply chain issues due to COVID-19 have impacted nearly all industries, including golf. While we anticipate a short-term contraction of participation during this transition year, the 2022 PGA Show will continue to be the largest annual gathering of our membership with thousands of PGA Professionals and top buyers experiencing first-hand the innovative offerings from more than 650 golf brands. The PGA Show will continue to build business for all who participate and be a bridge in 2022 to an exciting new era in golf.”
Enhancements to the 2022 PGA Show continue to progress, providing valuable new programming and tools to help participating companies, PGA Professionals, buyers and golf executives build business and drive continued growth of the sport. Enhancements include:
- Emphasizing clubfitting education during the event’s traditional demo day, in partnership with PGA Magazine. Clubfitting programming, education, vendors and range-side content will be added, and the event moves forward with the new name of PGA Show Demo and Fitting Day, the world’s largest professional demo and fitting education event.
- Creating a new PGA of America Hub on the Show Floor inside the main Central Lobby entrance of the Orange County Convention Center. Attendees will enter into a full-scale golf activation area featuring a PGA Frisco Headquarters opening preview; “Make Golf Your Thing” campaign programming; PGA Professional coaching demonstrations; golf industry programs; a PGA Professional lounge; PGA Career Services and activations for Association initiatives and business partners.
- Re-organizing educational offerings, in partnership with the PGA of America and the Association of Golf Merchandisers, to prioritize PGA Professional and golf buyer time with exhibitors during Show floor hours. The 2022 educational programs will be scheduled with less overlap during Show Floor hours, and most Show Week education programs will be available virtually after the event.
- Reimagining the Equipment Test Center to feature technology enhancements at the indoor driving range, while relocating the practice putting green and the former short game test area near the Equipment Test Center to create one centralized golf product testing and experiential space.
- Implementing enhanced sustainability measures with the host facility and service vendors, reducing the Show’s carbon footprint, and highlighting industry and exhibitor sustainability initiatives.
- Relocating the fashion buyer lounge, and the annual fashion show, to a more prominent Apparel Hall setting for easy access to peer meetings and networking.
- Enhancing technology access on site and integrating digital platforms to positively impact product discovery, testing and purchasing and educational access.
- Continuing the focus on health and well-being practices during all PGA Show Week events.
Attendees also can expect a return of popular PGA Show partners, pavilions, and programming, including the AGM Golf Retail Conference, NGCOA Golf Business Conference, PGA Member Business Center, New Product Zone, Inventors Spotlight exhibitor pavilion, live fashion show, golf travel pavilion, Adaptive Golf Center and the TPI Golf Fitness, Wellness & Instruction pavilion and stage.
Event details, hotel reservations and registration information are available at PGAShow.com.
About PGA Golf Exhibitions
The PGA Show, PGA Buying & Education Summit and PGA Show Connects are organized in partnership by PGA Golf Exhibitions and the PGA of America. Since its inception in 1954, the PGA Show has grown into the largest annual business event for the global golf industry. Regional PGA Show Buying & Education Summits and the PGA Show Connects digital platform connect the industry year-round and drive business leading up to the annual PGA Show. Learn more at PGAShow.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
About the PGA of America
The PGA of America is one of the world’s largest sports organizations, composed of nearly 28,000 PGA Professionals who work daily to grow interest and inclusion in the game of golf. For more information about the PGA of America, visit PGA.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions/Media: Sherry Major, email@example.com
PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions/Exhibitors: Greg Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
PGA of America/Media: Michael Abramowitz, email@example.com