PGA Show regional events and year-round digital assets will continually connect the golf industry and drive business while refreshing and growing the flagship annual event
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (May 11, 2021) – PGA Golf Exhibitions, in partnership with the PGA of America, announced today several initiatives regarding the annual PGA Show and year-round programs that will continuously connect the industry and drive forward golf business.
Those initiatives included:
- Welcoming the golf industry back together Jan. 25-28, 2022, in Orlando, with a reimagining of the flagship PGA Show and sharing plans to enhance in-person business interactions, experiential product education and comprehensive golf merchandise sourcing.
- The launch of regional events exclusively for PGA Professionals and invited buyers featuring a new format of scheduled buying appointments with curated exhibitors and opportunities for education, networking and meetings. This new series of events will begin with the PGA Show Buying & Education Summit in Las Vegas, Aug. 9-10, 2021, a slot formerly occupied by the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience.
- PGA Show Connects, the 365 digital platform extension of the PGA Show, is offering a series of digital events throughout the year leading up to the 2022 PGA Show. PGA Show Connects events, available at Virtual.PGAShow.com, feature timely education topics and an ongoing exhibitor marketplace focused on promoting products and facilitating transactions. The next digital event is scheduled for June and programming details will be announced soon.
“As our largest business gathering connecting PGA Members to industry peers for nearly seven decades, the PGA Show holds a meaningful place in both our history and future, and we are excited for its next evolution,” said PGA of America President Jim Richerson. “Nearly 28,000 PGA Professionals are the grassroots touchpoint for almost every golf experience and the PGA Show allows us to personally learn, experience and source the newest innovations and game-enhancing products that will make an impact on all that play the game. We are excited to host a new regional event out West and can’t wait to bring the full golf industry back together at the PGA Show in Orlando to leverage the renewed interest in golf and continue to drive the game and industry forward.”
“We are energized to deliver these new PGA Show assets to connect the golf industry year-round and reimagine the annual PGA Show to deliver even more opportunities for face-to-face connections, buying opportunities and product experiences that will build the businesses of exhibitors and attendees alike,” said PGA Golf Exhibitions Vice President Marc Simon. “The feedback from our event stakeholders has been enthusiastic and we anticipate a vibrant setting where the golf industry reunites, celebrates recent successes and works together for the continued growth of golf.”
2022 PGA Show:
PGA Show Demo Day, Jan. 25, 2022 – Orange County National Golf Center
PGA Show Days, Jan. 26-28, 2022 – Orange County Convention Center
The 69th PGA Show, Jan. 25-28, 2022, in Orlando, will welcome back the industry with a new look and feel, focusing particularly on enhancements that power face-to-face business connections, spotlight innovations and prioritize product experiential education, sourcing and transactions. Referenced widely among the industry simply as the PGA Show for many years, the previous formal event name of “PGA Merchandise Show” will change to PGA Show moving forward.
An overview of 2022 PGA Show plans include:
- Refresh of in-person experiential aspects – reimagining the PGA Show Floor and Demo Day experiences while continuing industry favored features
- Technology enhancements to impact product discovery, testing and purchasing, educational programming access, registration and attendee planning/logistics
- Revised educational programming schedule prioritizing time for Show Floor interactions
- Integration of digital platform to expand industry connections, lead generation, product sourcing and flexible education opportunities
- Appropriate health and well-being practices
- Event programs to celebrate the return to the industry’s traditional in-person launch of business in the New Year for golf
Additional details on enhancements will continue to be announced leading up to the 2022 PGA Show. Event details and early registration information is available at PGAShow.com.
New Series of Regional Events:
PGA Show Buying & Education Summit – Las Vegas
Aug. 9-10, 2021
Golf Resort TBA
Leading up to the annual PGA Show, PGA Golf Exhibitions will host regional events with a new format to facilitate business among curated exhibitors with PGA Professionals and invited golf buyers, while providing education and meeting opportunities. This new series will begin with the inaugural PGA Show Buying & Education Summit in Las Vegas, Aug. 9-10, 2021, with additional regional events planned for 2022.
The two-day regional summit format includes:
- Scheduled One2One PGA Professional/buyer + exhibitor appointments
- Open time blocks for PGA Professional/buyer + exhibitor meetings
- PGA Education workshops
- PGA Section meetings
- Golf and networking opportunities for attendees and exhibitors
The PGA Show Buying & Education Summit – Las Vegas, simultaneous to Las Vegas Fashion Week, will take place off the Strip at a premium golf resort with ample space and indoor/outdoor settings to provide for an optimal experience while prioritizing health and wellness. This regional event will replace the former PGA Fashion & Demo Experience.
PGA Show Connects
365-Online at Virtual.PGAShow.com
PGA Show Connects, the 365 digital platform extension of the PGA Show, offers digital events throughout the year leading up to the 2022 PGA Show. PGA Show Connects events feature timely education topics and an ongoing exhibitor marketplace focused on promoting products and facilitating transactions. The next digital event is scheduled for June with details announced soon.
In April, the PGA Show Connects Spring Kick-Off virtual event featured a fresh marketplace of 50+ exhibitors offering more than 360 products, and the opportunity to learn new golf retail and clubfitting insights from industry experts during six virtual sessions. The Spring Kick-Off educational sessions and more than 80 sessions from the 2021 Virtual PGA Show are now available on demand, with many of those classes offering PGA of America MSR credits. (https://virtual.pgashow.com/events/ondemand)
About PGA Golf Exhibitions
The PGA Show, organized in partnership by PGA Golf Exhibitions and the PGA of America, has been the largest annual global summit for the business of golf for more than 65 years. Learn more about the PGA Show, PGA Show Buying & Education Summit and PGA Show Connects at PGAShow.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
About the PGA of America
The PGA of America is one of the world’s largest sports organizations, composed of nearly 28,000 PGA Professionals who daily work to grow interest and inclusion in the game of golf. For more information about the PGA of America, visit PGA.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions/Media: Sherry Major, firstname.lastname@example.org
PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions/Exhibitors: Greg Scott, email@example.com
PGA of America/Media: Michael Abramowitz, firstname.lastname@example.org