In Partnership With:
2013 PGA Merchandise Show Inventor Spotlight Awards, presented by The United Inventors Association of America
Each year the UIA presents awards to inventor participants in the industry shows we sponsor. The focus is not on randomly awarding a trophy. But rather to create a set of awards that professionals in the inventing and commercialization industry use to recognize the hard work and dedication those inventors have given to the process of innovation.
2013 Winners include:
Most Innovative Concept ~ The Golf Square, Booth IS5
Best Manufacturing Analysis ~ PushNPutt, Booth IS7, http://www.pushnputt.com/
The Pinnacle Award ~ PGF Personal Golf Fan, Booth IS2, www.pgffan.com
Using a roving interview method, each exhibiting participant in the inventor area was judged by a panel of professionals. These professionals have been selected based on the experience and background they possess in the areas of product development, consumer purchasing, Inventing, Marketing, Packaging, or other related fields.
Each judge was given a set of criteria used to assess if the inventor and the invented product/concept best meet the spirit of the award. This assessment is based solely on the criteria outlined for each award and represented by a line item numerical score.
For the 2013 PGA Merchandise show, each team of judges approached the inventors at their leisure until all inventors/product had been properly judged in all 3 categories. The judges may have asked questions or requested to see documentation, research or demonstrations.
The Award Categories
The award categories for the 2013 PGA Merchandise show were as follows:
- Most Innovative concept : This award is designed to accommodate inventors who may not have a retail ready product. From a sketch to a fully developed product, this category looks at the overall innovation of the concept and how it fits into the category. Examples of this may be – Does the product truly represent an innovative approach to the benefit it provides the consumer? Is the product take a novel way to approach its function and design? Does the product solve a true consumer problem in a new and creative way.
- Best Manufacturing Analysis: Manufacturing is a vital part of the commercialization process. however overlooked by most inventors. This award serves to recognize the inventor/product that has completed a comprehensive study of the manufacturing techniques and material required to manufacture their product or design. Considerations for judging this category may be – Has the inventor investigated the different manufacturing processes needed to create the product? Did the inventor develop a matrix of comparable materials needed including an understanding of their limitations? Did the inventor demonstrate an understanding of the cost, design, and function tradeoffs associated with manufacturing their product or concept?
- The Pinnacle Award: The successful development of a product takes talent, knowledge, and tenacity. As such, the Pinnacle Award is designed to recognize the broadest range of efforts by the inventor. From design, market research, sales, fulfillment, manufacturing and quality. This category is judged on everything. Scores in the judging of this award will be given based on the attention paid by the inventor to all phases of ideation, invention, and commercialization.
The UIA Inventor Spotlight awards are your opportunity to show not only your product, but to show professionals in the industry you have what it takes to understand the commercialization process. If you have any questions please feel free to email us at email@example.com
If you need assistance or would like to be a part of the Inventors Spotlight please contact:
In order to exhibit in the Inventor's Spotlight area at the PGA Merchandise Show, you must agree to the rules and standards listed below. Non-adhering to the rules and standards will result in an immediate closing of the booth at the show and a forfeit of payment submitted.
If you're interested in learning more about the Inventor's Spotlight, please fill out this inquiry form
Rules & Standards
- Product represented in the Inventor's Spotlight is not currently for sale or being distributed
- No more than 2 samples are to be presented in the Inventor's Spotlight area
- No orders can be taken for future sales or delivery
- The area is limited to one invention per reserved booth
The United Inventors Association of America was proud to present the 3rd annual Inventor education seminar at the 2013 PGA Merchandise Show. An important part of the UIA inventor educational program, this seminar is hosted by the UIA as a free service to the inventor community.
Inventor’s Spotlight Success Stories
"The Inventor's Spotlight at the International PGA Golf Merchandise Show was an awesome (THE) place to be! We had a fabulous time networking and personally introducing our new practice green product, PushNPutt, to rave reviews from hundreds of influential attendees. A huge "Thank You" to Russ Williams, Mark Reyland and all the great folks we met from Invention Home and the United Inventor's Association. We could not have demonstrated how PushNPutt promotes better practice and protects the greens in a better venue. The PGA and Invention Home/UIA is a powerful partnership - offering not only an excellent day ahead educational opportunity but valuable pre-market feedback as well. Those who saw our product in action agreed, PushNPutt is simply a "A Better Way to Practice and Play!" With winning "Best New Product Manufacture Analysis" and post show outreach from those we met from all over the globe, we are enthused about our future success. Many thanks from all of us for helping to make the official launch of PushNPutt exceed all expectations."
- Brad Church, Director of Sales; Susan Mallonee, Marketing; Jerry Mallonee, Inventor/Owner; Tony Trado, Manufacturing; and Russ Williams, President Invention Home
"The Inventors' Spotlight at the 2011 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando. This was the perfect opportunity to debut our "patent pending" revolutionary new product. What a debut it was!
Please View The BandZorb liner Sucess Story
The BandZorb liner product won Best Overall Product in the Inventors' Spotlight which opened many doors for marketing and advertising. This award and acclaim caught the eye of several distributors both nationally and internationally and resulted in several contracts. And the good news just keeps coming. Licensing considerations with larger companies and multiple contacts with media were unexpected benefits of the BandZorb liner product's recognition."
- G. Terry Zebouni, CEO, BandZorb, LLC