New and Expanded PGA Education Programs – All Falling Under the PGA Education Conference Umbrella
Value of Participating
By attending the PGA Merchandise Show Education Conference you will benefit by:
- Hearing from industry leaders about "what matters most" to enhance the golf industry
- Gaining knowledge that can be applied to your golf facility position
- Learn to measure and communicate your value to meet career advancement goals
- Meeting customers expectation and management's goals in all job responsibilities
The golf industry thrives on customers becoming partners through increased participation and referrals to their circle of friends who may not understand the many benefits from learning this enjoyable game. The learning options that best prepare you to achieve "what matters most" are:
- Player Development – current & new
- Get more people of all ages to learn the game
- Assist current golfers to meet their personal performance desires
- Build community relationships that share the welcoming, enjoyable, affordable and flexible options to play the game.
- Instruction – strategies, tactics, and development
- Provide instructional programs that are front-end evaluated for physical, emotional, and social goals of the customer
- Examine new instructional & coaching strategies for all types of learners and players
- Review marketing and communication tactics to grow your value to your golf facility
- Leadership – influencers & mentors
- Share vision and influence the team for gaining trust and inspiring the Welcoming Environment
- Create an environment of "being" not just "doing" for a "life system" that attracts participation
- Become a calibrator of responsibility and accountability that embodies simplicity yet sophistication
Just consider the variety of learning opportunities to enhance your golf facility position. In each learning opportunity you will absorb:
- Which market does this address?
- What is the effectiveness of the customer experience
- What is the topic of learning that will be presented?
- How will I benefit from attending this learning opportunity?
- What alternative options will be explored for my golf facility position?
- What evidence is there that this learning opportunity will support my golf facility position?
PGA Education Conference Learning Tracks
Player Development is a key strategy for PGA Professionals to grow the number of golfers, rounds and revenues for your facility. This showcases your expertise and demonstrates measurable value that you deliver to your employer. Player Development can enhance your position as the expert leader of golf at your facility as you build an operation that is more fun and welcoming to new golfers, especially women, families and children.
Throughout this conference you will learn a comprehensive approach toward player development programming and its valuable impact on your business. Thank you for your leadership and continued commitment to enhance your training in an effort to grow our great game.
Teaching and coaching is at the heart of the game and our profession. The PGA of America's mission is to grow the game of golf which is accomplished by PGA Professionals who develop, supervise and evaluate instructional services. Teaching the game is a process that never stops as effective Instructors search for new teaching and coaching strategies that succeed with many types of learners and players of differing levels of ability. The instructional offerings at the PGA Merchandise Show Education Conference will be presented by industry-leading professionals and authorities focused on enhancing your overall effectiveness with your players.
This learning track will provide you with tools to plan your instructional business, categorize your player programs, and develop your marketing & communication tactics for a fully integrated instruction service.
"A person's impact is only a fraction of what it could be with good leadership. The higher you want to climb, the more you need leadership. The greater the impact you want to make, the greater your influence needs to be. Whatever you will accomplish is restricted by your ability to lead others." -John C. Maxwell, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
At the PGA Merchandise Show Educational Offerings, learn what it takes to be a good leader at your facility specific to your career path: Golf Operations, General Management, Player Development and Instruction. This learning track will provide you with insights to maximize your leadership skills and capabilities focused around improved performance and job impact.
View the PGA MSR Requirements Policy Here