Located adjacent to the PGA Show Equipment Testing Center on the Show Floor, the PGA Forum Stage provided the pulse point on the business of golf - An "inside look" presented by a full body of professionals at the local, national and international level. Program topics were designed to provide a concentrated kaleidoscope of benefits tailored to facilitate Golf 2.0; through key initiatives on new equipment introductions, teaching best practices, merchandising ideas and much more.
2014 PGA Merchandise Show PGA Forum Stage Schedule
Wednesday, Jan. 22
9:30 a.m. GAME GOLF Partnership Announcement, presented by the PGA of America
- Featuring PGA CEO Pete Bevacqua, PGA Tour Professional Graeme McDowell, and GAME GOLF CEO John McGuire
10:30 a.m. State of the Industry Panel Discussion, presented by the PGA of America
- Featuring PGA President Ted Bishop, famed Golf Course Developer Donald Trump, USGA Former Executive Director David Fay, Golf Channel President Mike McCarley, and TaylorMade CEO Mark King. Moderator: Golf Channel’s Damon Hack
11:30 a.m. TaylorMade Golf Presentation: “Future of Distance”
- Featuring TaylorMade Golf Vice President Sean Toulon & past PGA Teacher of the Year Hank Haney
12:30 p.m. “Creating and Fostering a Women-Friendly Environment,” presented by Callaway Golf
- Featuring panelists Ernie Ruiz, PGA; Maria Erickson, Arthur Little and Jan BelJan. Moderator: Debbie Waitkus, President, Golf For Cause
3:00 p.m. COBRA PUMA Featured Program
- Featuring COBRA PUMA CEO Bob Philion, COBRA PUMA athletes and Golf Channel’s Holly Sonders
4:30 p.m. AGM Platinum Awards Presentation
- The annual AGM Platinum Awards, presented by the Association of Golf Merchandisers, recognizes premier golf shops from the private, public, resort, and off-course sectors.
Thursday, Jan. 23
10:00 a.m. Marketing, Retailing to Millennials, presented by Golf Digest
- Featuring Ryan Kuehl of Under Armour, Harry Arnett of Callaway, Adrienne Cass of Trendy Golf, Chris Rosaasen of Travis Mathew, and Matt Corey of PGA Tour Superstore. Moderator: Ashley Mayo, Golf Digest editor.
11:00 a.m. Managing a Customer-Centric Experience, presented by the PGA of America
- Featuring Tim Scholler, SVP-Director and Shopper Experience at Erwin Penland. Moderator: Jennifer Mills
12:00 p.m. Golf Channel: What’s Coming in 2014
- Golf Channel President Mike McCarley presents new programing initiatives and shares sneak previews for 2014. Panelists Notah Begay, Steve Burkowski, Charlie Rymer and Holly Sonders discuss collegiate golf; and NBC’s Jimmy Roberts shares stories from his critically acclaimed series, “In Play with Jimmy Roberts.”
1:00 p.m. PGA Teacher of the Year Presentation: Lou Guzzi- 2013 PGA Teacher of the Year
- Featuring Lou Guzzi, PGA. Moderator: Michael Breed, PGA
2:00 p.m. PING Club Fitting Featured Presentation and Putting Competition
- Featuring PGA Professionals Stan Utley and Todd Anderson; and PGA Tour Professional Chris DiMarco; moderated by PING’s Pete Samuels; followed by the PING “Distance Yourself Skills Challenge” Putting Finals.
3:00 p.m. PGA Junior League Golf, presented by the PGA of America
- Featuring PGA Professional panelists Rhonda Ferguson, Erika Larkin, Keith Miller and Chuck Scoggins; and New Jersey PGA Director of Operations Chris Hunt. Moderator: Bob Longmire.
4:30 p.m. U.S. Kids Top 50 Kids Teachers Awards Presentation
U.S. Kids Golf annually recognizes 50 elite golf professionals who have focused their careers to developing youth golf in their communities and are known for their overall excellence and commitment to serving youth. Moderator: Jennifer Mills.
Friday, Jan. 24
9:00 a.m. “Teaching Millennials by Millennials,” presented by Golf Digest
- Featuring PGA Professional panelists Trillium Sellers; Kevin Hinton; Justin Sheehan; and James Standhardt. Moderator: Max Adler, Golf Digest deputy editor
10:00 a.m. PGA of America Section Teacher of the Year Presentation
Featuring panelists Eric Alpenfels – Carolinas; Mike Adams – New Jersey; Jared Isaacs South Florida; and Don Sargent – Northern Ohio. Moderator: Michael Breed, PGA