Your Guide to Media Resources at the PGA Merchandise Show
We are glad your company has chosen the PGA Merchandise Show to connect with influential PGA Professionals, golf buyers and media. Please utilize the free media resources below and let us know if we can be of special assistance. Have a great Show!
PGA Merchandise Show Attending Media
Nearly 1,000 editorial media professionals representing 25 countries reported from the 2015 PGA Merchandise Show. Reporting media outlets represented the full spectrum of consumer and trade golf media outlets, plus business, sports and lifestyle outlets such as: USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, New York Times, Fox News, Celebrated Living, ESPN.com, IMG TV (UK), US Airways Magazine, Chicago Daily Herald, NBC Sports, Orlando Sentinel, Ottawa Citizen, Palm Beach Post, Sporting Goods Intelligence, Sports Illustrated, the Dallas Morning News and Yahoo Sports.
Golf Channel provided nearly 15 hours of live coverage from the 2015 PGA Merchandise Show. SiriusXM PGA TOUR Radio Network provided 35 hours of live radio broadcasts from the 2015 PGA Merchandise Show. Daily live video reports, blogs and photo galleries are available at PGA.com, GolfChannel.com, and national golf media outlets such as Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golfweek.
Your PGAShow.com Exhibitor Listing
The PGAShow.com exhibitor directory is the first place PGA Professionals, retailers and MEDIA go to learn more about your company before and after the PGA Merchandise Show. At absolutely no cost, your company is able to showcase the following for free in your exhibitor listing: company name, description, product listings, booth number, address, phone number, fax number, Web site URL, press releases, public relations contact, celebrity appearances, in-booth events and show specials. Access the exhibitor dashboard (available soon) to create your detailed listing.
If you have any problems logging in please contact:
- If your Account Executive is Paul Piro or Michael Saffioti, please contact:
- If your Account Executive is Andrew Kappel or Chris Gruttadauria, please contact:
- International Exhibitors
- If you are have previously exhibited at the PGA Merchandise Show, contact Cristiana at 203-840-5527 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a new International exhibitor, contact Stacey at 203-840-5361 or email@example.com
PGAShow2Go – Official Event Mobile App
Attending media will be able to access exhibitor PR/media contact information and exhibitor media materials as uploaded to the exhibitor dashboard right on the Show floor through the PGAShow2Go mobile app. Make certain your online listing includes your media contact and materials for easy media access on the go. Sign up to be notified when the Mobile App is available to download for FREE.
FREE Exhibitor News Release Template
A PGA Merchandise Show exhibitor news release template has been designed for you to easily insert your company and product information for distribution to media regarding your show participation and product announcements at the upcoming Show. Access the template »
FREE News Release Placements
Upload exhibitor news releases to the official event website (PGAShow.com) for multiple placements including your online exhibitor directory listing; the PGA Merchandise Show online media resources page; the advance electronic press kit sent to nearly 2,000 golf, sports & sports business media; plus the digital exhibitor media library for use by media onsite in Orlando. Access the exhibitor dashboard (available soon) to create your detailed listing.
- PGA Show Electronic Press Kit Sent to 2,000+ Media Professionals – Exhibitor Media Materials Deadline for the Advance E-Kit – January 13, 2016
- Upload your exhibitor news release to the PGA Show exhibitor dashboard to be included in the EKit.
- PGA Show Digital Press Kit (distributed at PGA Show) – Exhibitor Media Materials Deadline – January 13, 2016
- Upload your exhibitor news release to the PGA Show exhibitor dashboard to be included in the on-site press kit.
- PGA Shows will download the most recent news release an exhibitor has posted to the exhibitor dashboard to include in the digital press kit distributed to editorial media in the PGA Show Media Center. We will download exhibitor news releases and add to the digital kit on January 14, 2016.
FREE News Release Submission in The Golf Wire
The PGA Golf Exhibitions' partnership with The Golf Wire, golf's daily electronic newsletter reaching 100,000 golf industry executive subscribers, provides PGA Merchandise Show exhibitors with ONE free news release submission regarding PGA Show participation, available between October 15, 2015, through January 29, 2016.
- The release must include details of participation in the PGA Merchandise Show within the press release text; use an e-mail subject heading of "Wire: PGA Show 2015" & be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. News release should be attached as a word document and any images as jpegs. Limit one release per exhibiting company; one release per email.
- For more information about The Golf Wire corporate subscription rates and packages, contact Larry Olah at LOlah@Golfweek.com.
- Separately, companies participating in the PGA Show under a “new exhibitor package” receive a one-year news release program with The Golf Wire as part of their PGA Show agreement. This commences in January 2016. New Exhibitor Package companies will receive new account information and news release submission instructions directly from The Golf Wire.
Golf Channel Broadcasts LIVE from PGA Merchandise Show
Golf Channel's Morning Drive will broadcast live from the PGA Merchandise Show Outdoor Demo Day on Tuesday, January 26, and from the PGA Merchandise Show floor Wednesday, January 27 through Friday, January 29. Additionally, the PGA Merchandise Show will be covered extensively throughout Golf Channel media platforms, including Golf Central and GolfChannel.com. To share your company and product announcements taking place at the PGA Merchandise Show with the Golf Channel news staff for editorial consideration, please send your announcement to email@example.com with the email subject of "PGA Show Exhibitor Announcement."
PGA Show News, the official daily newspaper of the PGA Merchandise Show
Each Show day, PGA Show News highlights exhibitor news and events, photos of events and industry professionals, plus PGA Show Week happenings.
Exhibiting companies are invited to share product introduction news and images for editorial consideration in the PGA Show News advance product category feature stories. This is not a paid-advertising program, but a free submission opportunity of the products you plan to introduce at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show (embargoed until PGA Show Week).
- You are able to view a sample of the advance product features here - PGA Show News
These features will be written and designed in advance of the PGA Merchandise Show and would require your product information and images by end of business on Monday, December 7, 2015. All product information and images will be embargoed until PGA Show week.
To be considered for featured placement, please send:
- New product(s) information – approximately 30-40 words per product, PLUS
- New product image(s) – 300 dpi high resolution product photos; JPGs are preferred
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Don Jozwiak, PGA Show News/PGA Magazine
- Email subject of “PGA Show News Advance Features”
- By Monday, December 7, 2015
The earlier PGA Show News editorial staff receives this information, the more likely we will be able to include your company and products in the advance features. We will not be able to include images/product info received after December 11, 2015.
To emphasize, this opportunity is editorial and not regarding advertising. If you are interested in learning more about advertising opportunities, please review the PGA Show media kit.
Separately, please share your company news and events for each day’s PGA Show News coverage of late-breaking news/events to email@example.com. Live pages late-breaking news/events – open deadline through January 28, 2016
Live Radio Broadcasts from the PGA Show Floor
Multiple live radio broadcasts will take place from the PGA Show Radio Broadcast stage located outside the main entrance to the Equipment Hall. Additionally, Sirius XM PGA TOUR Radio Network will be live from the PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day and the PGA Show Floor. Contact details for live radio programming will be available in December. Request the radio media contact information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PGA Magazine & PGA.com
Submit your company product news to the PGA of America's influential media properties:
- PGA Magazine - PGA Magazine will provide comprehensive Show coverage in PGA Magazine and PGAMagazine.com. All exhibitor media materials should be sent to email@example.com
- PGA.com - Editors from the PGA.com staff will produce the official webcast of the PGA Merchandise Show. Send exhibitor media announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting Attending Media:
Exhibitor PR Professionals may request a pre-registered editorial media contact database (of those media authorizing PGA Shows to share contact information) by request to Sherry Major at email@example.com. (Available beginning November)
Complimentary News Conference Facilities
PGA Golf Exhibitions provides a meeting room for companies to hold 25-minute news conferences. Room set-up, staging and most AV equipment are provided at no charge. Request a press conference meeting room »
PGA Show Media Center
The PGA Show Media Center is located on the third level of the OCCC (one level above the exhibit hall) in Room W311. Exhibitors may bring public relations materials (news releases, fact sheets, flyers, press kits, flash drives) directly to the Media Center for distribution to attending media and PGA Show News editorial staff beginning Tuesday, January 26. PGA Show staff will collect the exhibitor materials for placement in the PGA Show Exhibitor Media Library (literature cubbies) and each distribution space will be identified with the exhibiting company name – available on a first-come, first-served basis. Additionally, all exhibitor recording equipment (audio/video) should be brought to the Media Center where the camera operator will sign a standard PGA Shows recording agreement to receive a security clearance band to attach to the recording equipment. Also, the complimentary exhibitor news conference facilities are located within the Media Center in Room W312 (reserved in advance).
Media Center Hours of Operation
- Monday, January 25: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 26: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday – Friday, January 27-29: 7:30 a.m. - Show Closing
Know Your PGA Show Media Badge Classifications
The registration system for ALL attendees is designed to preserve the business-to-business environment of the PGA Show floor. All attendees have been asked to supply golf industry business/media credentials in the registration process.
- Editorial media badges (brown) are available to reporting media professionals who provide supporting press credentials during the application process or with current press credentials on file with PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions.
- Non-editorial media badges (grey) are available for professionals representing a media outlet in a non-reporting capacity or marketing/PR/advertising professionals representing a vendor or allied golf organization. Company/Organization identification must be provided upon application.
The PGA Show Media Center is open to all media badges, but the working/filing media area is provided exclusively for editorial media. Learn more about the media registration policies.
Beware of unofficial Daily publications
PGA Merchandise Show exhibitors are being targeted for advertisements and listings by outside publications claiming affiliation with the PGA Merchandise Show. Outside publications will not, in any capacity, have distribution channels at the PGA Merchandise Show: they will not be permitted on the grounds of the Orange County Convention Center, nor at PGA Show Demo Day, nor in any of the 20+ official PGA Merchandise Show hotels.
Please remember PGA Show News is the exclusive official daily publication of the PGA Merchandise Show and has exclusive distribution rights at all PGA Merchandise Show events and venues. PGA Show News and the official show directory (print and mobile editions) are the most effective ways to get your ad and news directly into the hands of more than 40,000 attending industry professionals.
Please contact your exhibitor sales representative if you have any further questions.
To see the exclusive official advertising and sponsorship opportunities for the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show, please visit the PGA Show media kit.