Your Guide to Media Resources at the PGA Merchandise Show
We are glad your company has chosen the PGA Merchandise Show to connect with influential PGA Professionals, golf buyers and media. Please utilize the free media resources below and let us know if we can be of special assistance. Have a great Show!
Nearly 1,000 editorial media professionals representing 25 countries typically attend and report from the PGA Merchandise Show. Reporting media outlets represent the full spectrum of consumer and trade golf media outlets, plus business, sports and lifestyle outlets such as: USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, New York Times, Fox News, Celebrated Living, ESPN.com, IMG TV (UK), US Airways Magazine, Chicago Daily Herald, NBC Sports, Orlando Sentinel, Ottawa Citizen, Palm Beach Post, Sporting Goods Intelligence, Sports Illustrated, the Dallas Morning News and Yahoo Sports.
Golf Channel provides nearly 15 hours of live coverage and SiriusXM PGA TOUR Radio Network broadcasts 35 hours of live radio programming from the PGA Merchandise Show. Additionally, daily live video reports, blogs and photo galleries are available at PGA.com, GolfChannel.com, and national golf media outlets such as Global Golf Post, Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golfweek.
Your PGAShow.com Exhibitor Listing
The PGAShow.com and PGAShow2Go mobile app exhibitor directory are important resources for PGA Professionals, retailers and MEDIA to learn more about your company. At absolutely no cost, your company is able to showcase the following for free in your exhibitor listing: company name, description, product listings, booth number, address, phone number, fax number, Web site URL, press releases, public relations contact, celebrity appearances, in-booth events and show specials. Log in to the exhibitor tool kit to add/update your company Show information.
If you have any problems accessing the exhibitor tool kit, please contact:
FREE Exhibitor News Release Template
A PGA Merchandise Show exhibitor news release template has been designed for you to easily insert your company and product information for distribution to media regarding your show participation and product announcements at the upcoming Show. Access the template »
FREE News Release Placements in PGA Show Press Kits
Upload exhibitor news releases into the exhibitor tool kit at PGAShow.com for multiple placements including the online exhibitor directory listing; PGAShow2Go mobile app; PGA Show online media center; advance electronic press kit sent to nearly 2,000 golf, sports & sports business media; plus the exhibitor media library for use by media onsite in Orlando.
- PGA Show Electronic Press Kit Sent to 2,000+ Media Professionals – upload exhibitor media materials to exhibitor dashboard by January 13, 2017
FREE News Release Submission in The Golf Wire
The PGA Golf Exhibitions' partnership with The Golf Wire, golf's daily electronic newsletter reaching 100,000 golf industry executive subscribers, provides PGA Merchandise Show exhibitors with ONE free news release submission regarding PGA Show participation, available between October 15, 2016, through January 28, 2017. The release must include details of participation in the PGA Merchandise Show within the press release text; use an e-mail subject heading of "Wire: PGA Show 2017" & be sent to email@example.com.
- News release should be attached as a word document and any images as jpegs. Limit one release per exhibiting company; one release per email.
- For more information about The Golf Wire corporate subscription rates and packages, visit www.thegolfwire.com or contact Larry Olah at LOlah@Golfweek.com.
PGA Show News, the official daily newspaper of the PGA Merchandise Show
Each Show day, PGA Show News highlights exhibitor news and events, photos of events and industry professionals, plus PGA Show Week happenings.
Exhibiting companies are invited to share product introduction news and images for editorial consideration in the PGA Show News advance product category feature stories. This is not a paid-advertising program, but a free submission opportunity of the products you plan to introduce at the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show (embargoed until PGA Show Week).
- You are able to view a sample of the advance product features here - PGA Show News
These features will be written and designed in advance of the PGA Merchandise Show and would require your product information and images by end of business on Monday, December 5, 2016. All product information and images will be embargoed until PGA Show week.
To be considered for featured placement, please send:
- New product(s) information – approximately 30-40 words per product, PLUS
- New product image(s) – 300 dpi high resolution product photos; JPGs are preferred
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Don Jozwiak, PGA Show News/PGA Magazine
- Email subject of “PGA Show News Advance Features”
- By Monday, December 5, 2016
The earlier PGA Show News editorial staff receives this information, the more likely we will be able to include your company and products in the advance features. We will not be able to include images/product info received after December 9, 2016.
To emphasize, this opportunity is editorial and not regarding advertising. If you are interested in learning more about advertising opportunities, please review the PGA Show media kit.
Separately, please share your company news and events for each day’s PGA Show News coverage of late-breaking news/events to email@example.com. Live pages late-breaking news/events – open deadline through January 26, 2017.
- Live remotes from PGA Show Demo Day, Jan. 24, 7 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Live Morning Drive from PGA Show Floor, Jan. 25-27, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Expanded PGA Show coverage on Golf Central and GolfChannel.com
- How to Contact:
- To share your company and product announcements taking place at the PGA Merchandise Show with the Golf Channel news staff for editorial consideration, please send your announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject of "PGA Show Exhibitor Announcement."
Live Radio Broadcasts from the PGA Show Floor
Multiple live radio broadcasts will take place from the PGA Show Radio Broadcast stage located outside the main entrance to the Equipment Hall. Additionally, Sirius XM PGA TOUR Radio Network will be live from the PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day and the PGA Show Floor. Contact details for live radio programming will be available in December. Request the radio media contact information by email to email@example.com.
PGA Magazine & PGA.com
Submit your company product news to the PGA of America's influential media properties:
- PGA Magazine - PGA Magazine will provide comprehensive Show coverage in PGA Magazine and PGAMagazine.com. All exhibitor media materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PGA.com - Editors from the PGA.com staff will produce the official webcast of the PGA Merchandise Show. Send exhibitor media announcements to email@example.com.
Contacting Attending Media:
Exhibitor PR Professionals may request a pre-registered editorial media contact database (of those media authorizing PGA Shows to share contact information) by request to Sherry Major at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Available beginning November)
Complimentary News Conference Facilities
PGA Golf Exhibitions provides a meeting room for companies to hold 25-minute news conferences. Room set-up, staging and most AV equipment are provided at no charge. Contact Sherry Major at email@example.com to reserve. Please include preferred date and time for the reservation.
PGA Show Media Center
The PGA Show Media Center is located on the third level of the OCCC (one level above the exhibit hall) in Room W311. Exhibitors may bring public relations materials (news releases, fact sheets, flyers, press kits, flash drives) directly to the Media Center for distribution to attending media and PGA Show News editorial staff beginning Tuesday, January 24. PGA Show staff will collect the exhibitor materials for placement in the PGA Show Exhibitor Media Library (literature cubbies) and each distribution space will be identified with the exhibiting company name – available on a first-come, first-served basis. Additionally, all exhibitor recording equipment (audio/video) should be brought to the Media Center where the camera operator will sign a standard PGA Shows recording agreement to receive a security clearance band to attach to the recording equipment. Also, the complimentary exhibitor news conference facilities are located within the Media Center in Room W312 (reserved in advance).
Media Center Hours of Operation
- Monday, January 23: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 24: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday – Friday, January 25-27: 7:30 a.m. - Show Closing
Know Your PGA Show Media Badge Classifications
The registration system for ALL attendees is designed to preserve the business-to-business environment of the PGA Show floor. All attendees have been asked to supply golf industry business/media credentials in the registration process.
- Editorial media badges (brown) are available to reporting media professionals who provide supporting press credentials during the application process or with current press credentials on file with PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions.
- Non-editorial media badges (grey) are available for professionals representing a media outlet in a non-reporting capacity or marketing/PR/advertising professionals representing a vendor or allied golf organization. Company/Organization identification must be provided upon application.
The PGA Show Media Center is open to all media badges, but the working/filing media area is provided exclusively for editorial media. Learn more about the media registration policies.
Beware of unofficial Daily publications
PGA Merchandise Show exhibitors are being targeted for advertisements and listings by outside publications claiming affiliation with the PGA Merchandise Show. Outside publications will not, in any capacity, have distribution channels at the PGA Merchandise Show: they will not be permitted on the grounds of the Orange County Convention Center, nor at PGA Show Demo Day, nor in any of the 20+ official PGA Merchandise Show hotels.
Please remember PGA Show News is the exclusive official daily publication of the PGA Merchandise Show and has exclusive distribution rights at all PGA Merchandise Show events and venues. PGA Show News and the official show directory (print and mobile editions) are the most effective ways to get your ad and news directly into the hands of more than 40,000 attending industry professionals.
Please contact your exhibitor sales representative if you have any further questions.
To see the exclusive official advertising and sponsorship opportunities for the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show, please visit the PGA Show media kit.