2014 PGA Merchandise Show Attending Media
Nearly 1,000 editorial media professionals representing 25 countries attended and reported from the 2014 PGA Merchandise Show. Reporting media outlets represented the full spectrum of consumer and trade golf media outlets, plus business, sports and lifestyle outlets such as Bloomberg News, Celebrated Living, ESPN.com, Fox Business News, IMG TV (UK), Irish Examiner, L.A. Times, Chicago Daily Herald, NBC Sports, New York Times, Orlando Sentinel, Ottawa Citizen, Palm Beach Post, Sporting Goods Intelligence, Sports Illustrated, the Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Sports.
Golf Channel provided nearly 15 hours of live coverage from the PGA Merchandise Show in 2014. Multiple daily live video reports, blogs and photo galleries were available at PGA.com, GolfChannel.com, and national golf media outlets such as Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golfweek.
View a selection of 2014 PGA Merchandise Show media coverage »
2014 PGA Merchandise Show Complimentary Media/PR Resources:
- Free Exhibitor Webinar (Recorded)
- Maximizing Exhibitor Media Exposure at the PGA Merchandise Show: Free webinar designed to show you how to maximize your exposure while exhibiting at the PGA Show.
- Build Out Your Online Listing—FREE - The online exhibitor directory is the first place PGA Professionals, retailers and MEDIA go to learn more about your company before and after the PGA Merchandise Show. At absolutely no cost, your company is able to showcase the following for free in your exhibitor listing: company name, description, product listings, booth number, address, phone number, fax number, Web site URL, press releases, public relations contact and show specials. Access the exhibitor tool kit here to build out your listing.
If you have any problems logging in please contact Chris Kowalczik at 203-840-5524 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utilize the FREE Exhibitor News Release Template - A PGA Merchandise Show exhibitor news release template has been designed for you to easily insert your company and product information for distribution to media regarding your show participation and product announcements at the upcoming Show. Access the template here.
- FREE News Release Placements - Upload to www.PGAShow.com for multiple placements including your online exhibitor directory listing; the PGA Merchandise Show online media resources page; the advance electronic press kit sent to nearly 2,000 golf, sports & sports business media; plus the "green" media library for use by media onsite in Orlando. Access the exhibitor tool kit here to build out your listing. (If you have any problems logging in please contact Chris Kowalczik at 203-840-5524 or email@example.com.)
- Add Media Materials to Your Listing in TWO Easy Steps:
- The first page to appear is the "Exhibitor Dashboard" page. To add/edit press releases, please click on "Company Information," then "Press Releases" in the top green tool bar.
- Enter data into all required fields, and click "Add."
- FREE News Release Submission in The Golf Wire - The PGA Golf Exhibitions' partnership with The Golf Wire, golf's daily electronic newsletter reaching 100,000 golf industry executive subscribers, provides PGA Merchandise Show exhibitors with ONE free news release submission regarding Show participation, available between October 15, 2013, through January 28, 2014. The release must include details of participation in the PGA Merchandise Show within the press release text; use an e-mail subject heading of "Wire: PGA Show 2014" & be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News release should be attached as a word document and any images as jpegs. Limit one release per exhibiting company; one release per email.
- For more information about The Golf Wire corporate subscription rates and packages, visit www.thegolfwire.com or contact Larry Olah at LOlah@Golfweek.com.
- Golf Channel Bolsters Coverage of PGA Merchandise Show with Morning Drive Broadcasting Live From Show Floor
Golf Channel's "Morning Drive" will provide live broadcasts from the PGA Merchandise Show Outdoor Demo Day on Tuesday, Jan. 21., and from the PGA Merchandise Show floor Wednesday, Jan. 22 through Friday, Jan. 24.
To share your company and product announcements taking place at the PGA Show with the Golf Channel and GolfChannel.com for editorial consideration, please send your announcement to email@example.com with the email subject of "PGA Show Exhibitor Announcement."
- Introducing the All-New PGA Show News!
In 2014, you can expect to see a completely new editorial and design plan for PGA Show News, the official daily newspaper of the PGA Merchandise Show. Our goal is simply to provide a reader-friendly daily publication PACKED with exhibitor news and events, plus PGA Show Week happenings. Please share your new product information and images directly to the editorial staff for consideration in the daily editions.
For editorial consideration, please send:
- New product(s) information – approximately 30-40 words per product, PLUS
- New product image(s) – 300 dpi high resolution product photos; JPGs are preferred
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Don Jozwiak, PGA Show News/PGA Magazine
- Email subject of "Exhibitor Product Submission"
- Advance feature story early deadline – Dec. 15, 2013; Live pages late-breaking news/events – open deadline through Jan. 23, 2014
(Interested in paid advertising in PGA Show News? Contact Erin McArdle to learn more at 203.840.5685 or email@example.com)
- PGA Magazine & PGA.com - Submit your company product news to The PGA of America's influential media properties:
- PGA Magazine - PGA Magazine will provide comprehensive Show coverage in PGA Magazine and PGAMagazine.com. All exhibitor media materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PGA.com - Editors from the PGA.com staff will produce the official webcast of the PGA Merchandise Show. Send exhibitor media announcements to email@example.com.
- FREE – Exhibitor News Release Distribution to Golf/Sports Media – Upload your PGA Merchandise Show news release to your online listing and PGA Golf Exhibitions will share a link to it in the weekly PGA Merchandise Show media email distributed to nearly 2,000 golf and sports media professionals.
- Download a Golf Trade Media Mailing List.Access general contact information for golf trade media here and share your exhibiting company/product news with media relevant to your market. Exhibitor PR Professionals may request a pre-registered editorial media contact database by contacting Sherry Major at firstname.lastname@example.org (beginning December 1, 2013).
- Plan to Promote On Site! Announce celebrity or special guest appearances; contests & give-aways; Show specials; and in-booth events by adding your information to the online tool kit. We will promote this information to attendees and media in advance and onsite through a variety of communication vehicles.
- Complimentary News Conference Facilities—PGA Golf Exhibitions provides a meeting room for companies to hold 25-minute news conferences. Room set-up, staging and most AV equipment are provided at no charge. Click here to request a press conference meeting room.